Old command-based is no longer available in 2023. Users should migrate to the new command-based framework below. Documentation for old command-based is available here.
This sequence of articles serves as an introduction to and reference for the WPILib command-based framework.
For a collection of example projects using the command-based framework, see Command-Based Examples.
- 2020 Command-Based Rewrite: What Changed?
- What Is “Command-Based” Programming?
- Creating a Robot Project
- Command Groups
- The Command Scheduler
- Binding Commands to Triggers
- Structuring a Command-Based Robot Project
- Convenience Features
- PID Control through PIDSubsystems and PIDCommands
- Motion Profiling through TrapezoidProfileSubsystems and TrapezoidProfileCommands
- Combining Motion Profiling and PID in Command-Based
- A Technical Discussion on C++ Commands